Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Purpose Of my Blog/ Keylime pie

I love great food, however I do not like complicated, time consuming recipes.  Most of us are just too busy to really make a gourmet meal.  I hope to share with you, my friends some of our favorite and easy recipes that you can make your own.  I am also not a big spender, you will find I use basic, easy to find ingredients and my recipes are very inexpensive.

Key lime Pie is so good and a very refreshing summer treat or any time for that matter.  There are a lot of very complex recipes that take a lot of work and don't really turn out that well.  This recipe is very simple and the results are impressive.  One thing I have found is that real key limes make all the difference in the world. (I buy them at wal-mart) They are tiny and take a long time to juice  but are well worth the trouble the difference in flavour is remarkable.

Takes about 15 minutes to make 11 minutes to cook. Costs around $3-5.

One Graham cracker crust (easiest way to do it)

3 cups sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup sour cream

3/4 C key lime juice (about 20 limes worth I buy them at wal mart.)

1T lime zest

1 drop green food coloring

Pre-heat oven to 375.  Mix the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and lime juice until well blended.  Mix in lime zest and 1 drop green food coloring. Pour mixture into crust and `cook about 11 minutes (until small bubbles come up and pop)  Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.  Enjoy your friends will be so impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment