Saturday, March 6, 2010

mindblowing pulled pork


  I do not care for bland food, I guess you could say I am not a roast and potatoes fellow, I can enjoy these meals once perhaps a couple times a month, I just don't jump for joy for blandness.  I like things that pop and kick and sizzle and sazzle and whuzzle and cherupm and so forth.  I often like to take classics and twist them to fit my tastes.  Thus I have created several culinary concotions to stimulate once stagnant taste buds, one herin I shall share with you all.

 You don't have to have a lot of money to make an amazing meal nor do you have to slave away in the kitchen for hours.   You can use simple ingredients to cultivate a meal that will impress your friends and put a grin on your kids lips.  The total time you will spend on this is about 20 minutes and will spend around 4 dollars (can vary greatly depending on the brand of bbq sauce you use.)  Anybody can make this and have it be delicious.  Here is what you will need:

First boneless county style pork rib (these do not have bones and are extremely cheap I usually pay around $1.29-1.89 per pound.  Currently on sale at maceys for $1.59/lb)  1.5 lbs will feed around 6 people.   As long as you have some delightful side dishes.

Second you will need a crock pot, if you don't have one buy one you are missing out on one of the worlds greatest inventions and can pick one up for as cheap as $15.00

Third you will need either 2 small onions or one medium sliced thin, about 1/2 cup of water per pound of pork, some brown sugar, some honey, and a bottle of bar-b-que sauce

Put half the onions in the crock pot, then dump in the spare ribs they can be frozen or defrosted i prefer defrosted, pour in water add about 4 tbsp. brown sugar, some honey I don't know a couple table spoons maybe, the rest of the onion, some salt and pepper, don't be afraid to be generous with the salt and pepper, then set the crock pot to low.  Pretty tough huh?  Let it cook for six hours.

Now that you have done the easy stuff you are ready to get intermediate, prepare yourself.  Get out a bowl, Using tongs move the meat from the crockpot to the bowl,  us the tongs to shred the pork by just squeezing the meat, it will be so tender it will shred perfectly.  Last, mix in your favorite bar-b-que sauce, I have used everything from famous rays to great value (wal-mart brand) and it all turns out  scrumptious.   Mix in as much sauce as you want and return to the crock pot on warm setting for a couple hours or whenever you're ready to eat.  Serve on rolls or buns or just by itself.  It goes a long way and I eat it as leftovers for days.  It reheats perfectly

I hope you will enjoy my recipe and if you don't oh well your tastebuds suck or you are a lousy cook.  Have fun bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment